Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lilly For Target Killed the Internet #LillyForTarget

It's no surprise, really, that Lilly Pulitzer for Target's launch was an epic fail. With the vast majority of women in the United States' constant need to be up to date on fashion and status quo, a big brand name like Lilly Pulitzer is the girl on a budgets' wet dream. I say this because I am one of those women. I have been sitting in my boyfriend's basement on my laptop and phone for going on 4 and a half hours waiting for this new line to launch. With blood pressures high and wallets wide open, women are still sitting at their computers constantly refreshing their pages. While my boyfriend might be mad at me tomorrow morning for the sleepless night, I will hopefully be a proud owner of a new Lilly for Target dress.

Why all the haters? It's understandable that women who are die-hard Lilly fans are pissed at all of us "simple people" wanting to own one. They spend their money the way that they think is right and they think we're tacky. I'll tell you one thing though, I am a frugal buyer because that is the way my mother raised me. Yes, I could go out and spend 4 days pay to buy an over-the-top expensive-ass dress... but where's the fun in that when I could get 4 for the same price?

So ladies who are stalking Facebook, Twitter, and the Target website with constant CTRL + R's, keep calm and carry on. And to all the haters making fun of us for doing this? Bye Felicia.

Update: Got a confirmation email for the Lilly Pulitzer for Target Women's Fringe Kimono Jacket, Lilly Pulitzer for Target Women's Gold Sandals, and Lilly Pulitzer for Target Gold Plated Giraffe Flask. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment